United Methodist Women
Save the Date! Rummage 2021 FURNITURE/LAMPS ONLY!
Drop off July 11 & 12
Shop July 15 & 16
More details soon
Grant Recipients 2019
Rummage 2019 was a great success raising over $111,000! Proceeds support sustainable ministries benefiting women, children and youth both locally and globally. A portion of funds raised through the annual UMW Rummage Sale are dispersed through grants awarded by the Board of United Methodist Women of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection.
- Avenue of Life, KC, KS — fund Impact KCK program which provides wraparound case management for families in Wyandotte County and Avenue Youth House for homeless youth
- Brothers in Blue Re-Entry, Lansing, KS — curriculum books and classroom materials for the women of Topeka Correctional Facility as a part of the Path to Freedom faith-based re-entry program
- Heartland Therapeutic Riding, Bucyrus, KS — financial assistance for tuition at therapeutic riding, hippotherapy, and interactive vaulting classes for children, youth and adults with special needs
- Inclusion Connections, Olathe, KS — provide funds to off-set expenses associated with transportation of clients who are working paid, part-time jobs
- Ministry to Incarcerated Families, Topeka, KS — supplies for parenting class participants and facilitators at the Topeka Correctional Facility
- New Creation, Olathe, KS — off-set expenses for transportation to job interviews, 12-step program meetings and church following time in prison, rehab facilities and homelessness
- Pharmacy of Grace, Olathe, KS — access to donated pharmaceuticals for uninsured and underinsured women and children
- Young Women on the Move, KC, KS — purchase an exhaust hood and fire suppression system for the Culinary Center, serving as a site for Harvesters’ Kids Cafe food service and educational programs
- Amethyst Place in KC, MO — off-set the cost of meals for women and children during a Family Self-Sufficiency Program, a vital part of female residents’ healing process
- Flourish Furnishings, Grandview, MO — purchase 4-drawer dresser kits, dressers are rarely donated and is their most requested item
- Grace United Community Ministries, KC, MO — fund a security system at Grace campus, as well as Chromebooks, Kindle tablets with cases and headphones for use by pre-K through 6th grade students
- Healing House, KC, MO — purchase a refrigerator, washer and dryer, highchairs, pack and plays and other items for use by mothers and babies
- Jackson County Court Appointed Special Advocates, KC, MO — off-set transportation expenses for older youth in foster care to attend monthly Life Skills Workshops
- Kansas City Community Gardens, KC, MO — purchase seeds, plants, materials and technical support for select community gardens serving women transitioning after prison, homelessness, pregnancy, addiction or psychiatric care
- Marian Hope, Independence, MO — purchase iPads with cases, laptops, learning apps and tools and headphones for children with special needs to use as communication tools and enhanced learning
- Migrant Farmworkers Assistance Fund — support college assistance and mentoring, Parents As Teachers and Head Start support services, and community building through the Women’s Group and Girls’ Group programs
- Iglesia Metodista Samuel Culpeper, Hatillo, Puerto Rico — musical instruments and air conditioning for the very first musical classroom in a pulic school in Puerto Rico providing a healthy outlet for students
- Bwafwano Care Providers, Kitwe, Zambia — fund classes for survival skills and literacy for youth and women with special needs; support care givers farm crops to sustain participants
- Grassroots – From the People, For the People (Angel House), Tanzania, East Africa — two scholarships for students pursuing medical studies who are being sponsored for post-secondary education through Angel House Orphanage
- J.P. Schools, Kitwe, Zambia — purchase multi-purpose printer for exams and assignments, upgrade existing equipment for supplying an dstoring clean water for vulnerable and underprivileged students
- Pothawira International, Malawi — portable diagnostic ultrasound probe for birthing center located in the Salima District
- Uganda Counseling and Support Services, Bulike, Uganda — renovate and ventilate a tailoring room to accommodate more students, additional sewing machines, sewing kits, furniture, training materials and fabric
The 2019 Rummage Sale, held on July 19 & 20, was an incredible success! Through your donating, volunteering, and shopping, we raised $111,500 for grant giving! Contact Michelle.Funk@cor.org if you have questions.
Every year, unsold items go to local organizations. During 2019, we partnered with:
Works to alleviate homelessness and poverty in Kansas City, Missouri by providing basic necessities and assistance, as well as, providing critical services and programs to empower individuals experiencing homelessness and at-risk individuals to become self-sufficient and independent. Hope Faith Ministries is a non-denominational, Christian based organization that accomplishes this mission through a variety of programs and services. Visit www.hopefaithministries.org.
When you donate to or shop at your local Goodwill, you not only help people in your community — you also help protect the planet. In 2018, local Goodwill organizations diverted 4 billion pounds of usable goods from landfills, and 242,000 people were trained for careers in various industries with the supportive services they needed to be successful, such as English language training, additional education, and access to transportation and child care. Visit www.goodwill.org.